Accessibility Checkpoint Mouse event handler without keyboard equivalent
applet elements, ensure that event handlers are input device-independent. Do not write event handlers that rely on mouse coordinates since this prevents device-independent input.
Add an equivalent event handler that accepts keyboard input via
- WCAG 1.0 6.4
- WCAG 2.0 2.1.1 (Success Criteria: 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 2.1.1 (Success Criteria: 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) 2.1.1 (Success Criteria: 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.38 Jul 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-6.4.1 to AccScriptMouseEventNoKeyboard.
- 4.0 Jun 2010 Don't warn about scripts that use character keyCode alongside mouse dependent co-ordinates.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 More accurate detection of mouse events.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccScriptMouseEventNoKeyboard