SortSite Desktop One click website testing
Free Trial Buy Now
SortSite is a one-click web site testing tool used by federal agencies, Fortune 100 corporations and independent consultancies. The tool is available as a desktop application for Mac or Windows, and is also available as a web application.
- Platforms: Macintosh and Windows
- Use: inside and outside firewall, including intranets and development sites
One click is all it takes to analyze an entire web site. Each page is checked against more than 1200 standards based checkpoints.
- Accessibility - check WCAG and Section 508 guidelines against many file types: find flashing GIFs, untagged PDFs
- Broken Links - check for broken links and spelling errors
- Compatibility - check for HTML, script and image formats that don't work in common browsers
- Search Engine Optimization - check Google and Bing webmaster guidelines
- Privacy - check for compliance with EU and US law
- Web Standards - validate HTML and CSS
- Usability - check against Usability.gov guidelines
Problems like broken links, spelling errors and usability problems drive visitors away from your site. Search engine issues stop visitors before they arrive. Find and fix website problems before your customers or executives find them.
Manual testing effort is proportional to the number of pages, so costs quickly add up, even on small sites:
- At least 30 minutes to comprehensively test each page manually
- Total Effort: 500 hours to fully test a 1,000 page site
- Total Cost: $25,000 at $50 per hour
SortSite tests the same site in under 5 minutes for a small fraction of the cost of testing everything manually. This lets teams focus manual testing on areas that require human judgement.
Reviews and testimonials
SortSite is a very good testing tool. It will test all pages it finds on the site.University of Cambridge
This simple test ... gives much more useful data than just a screenshot. The "SortSite" test checks accessibility, broken links, browser code compatibility, search engine optimization and other usability issues...practicalecommerce.com
More reviews are available in the reviews section.
Our products are used in more than 50 countries by some of the world's largest organizations. Over 30% of the Fortune 100 use our products.
- Australian Department of Industry and Innovation
- Canadian Space Agency
- McCann Erickson
- Singapore Health Sciences Authority
- UK Royal Mail
- US Department of Justice
See it in action
Example reports produced by SortSite, and free trials.
SortSite Desktop is available in three different editions:
Compare editions to see the differences between these.
White papers and datasheets
Get in-depth technical information about SortSite features, benefits, and capabilities.
More documentation including datasheets, white papers, deployment guides, user guides and the license agreement are available in the technical resources section.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
System requirements for SortSite Desktop are:
- Windows (7, 8, 10) or Mac (macOS 10.13 or later)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- 20 MB free disk space
SortSite is also available as a web application running in the cloud, which works on any device.
Find out more about SortSite: