Desktop Suite Web site testing and visual sitemaps
Desktop Suite includes the following applications:
Web site testing
One click is all it takes to analyze an entire web site. Each page is checked against more than 700 standards based checkpoints.
- Accessibility - check WCAG and Section 508 guidelines against many file types: find flashing GIFs, untagged PDFs
- Compatibility - check for browser specific code, script and image formats
- Compliance - check for compliance with EU and US law
- Broken Links - check for broken links and other errors
- Search Engine Optimization - check Google and Bing webmaster guidelines
- Web Standards - validate HTML, XHTML and CSS
- Usability - check against Usability.gov guidelines
PowerMapper draws maps in a range of useful and attractive styles using thumbnails of each page. You can also export a Google XML sitemap, or an Excel CSV.
- Share site maps with co-workers and clients when re-designing or auditing a site
- Copy maps into client presentations and sale proposals
- Exported to Excel for detailed analysis
Problems like broken links, spelling errors and usability problems drive visitors away from your site. Search engine issues stop visitors before they arrive. Find and fix website problems before your customers or executives find them.
Manual testing effort is proportional to the number of pages, so costs quickly add up, even on small sites:
- At least 30 minutes to comprehensively test each page manually
- Total Effort: 500 hours to fully test a 1,000 page site
- Total Cost: $25,000 at $50 per hour
SortSite tests the same site in under 5 minutes for a small fraction of the cost of testing everything manually. This lets teams focus manual testing on areas that require human judgement.
Reviews and testimonials
Generating this kind of map of an existing site should be the first step anyone takes when redesigning a site. Steve Krug, Author "Don't Make Me Think"
This simple test ... gives much more useful data than just a screenshot. The "SortSite" test checks accessibility, broken links, browser code compatibility, search engine optimization and other usability issues...practicalecommerce.com
- Australian Department of Industry and Innovation
- Canadian Space Agency
- McCann Erickson
- Singapore Health Sciences Authority
- UK Royal Mail
- US Department of Justice
See it in action
Example reports produced by the OnDemand Suite, and free trials.
White papers and datasheets
More documentation including datasheets, white papers, deployment guides, user guides and the license agreement are available in the technical resources section.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
System requirements for the Desktop Suite are:
- Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 10) or Mac (OS X 10.9 or later)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- 20 MB free disk space
The suite is also available as a web application running in the cloud, which works on any device.