Scanning a mobile site that redirects to a desktop site TN-W16
You try to scan a mobile site like m.example.com, but the site is coded to redirect non-mobile browsers to the www.example.com desktop site.
SortSite and PowerMapper Desktop
To scan a mobile site with a browser redirect try this:
- Choose Options from the View menu and select the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Enter a mobile user agent string in the user agent box. For example:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53
- Restart the application when prompted
- Choose New from from the File menu
- Use the address of your mobile site as the start page (e.g.
Applies To: SortSite 5.0 and PowerMapper 5.0 or later
Last Reviewed: June 12, 2016