Which files are created by Save and Export in PowerMapper TN-Q07
Site data is saved in several files. If you save a site as 'Example.site' you end up with:
- Example.site contains all the information needed to re-create the site map. It contains site structure, page titles, page icons and a bunch of other stuff.
- A directory called Example containing HTML pages and images. If you lose this directory you can re-create it by re-saving your .SITE file.
- Example/map.htm is the main page of the site map
- Example/thumbnails contains thumbnail images of your site's pages
- Other files may be saved in the Example folder depending on the map style chosen: Example/map.png, Example/map1.htm, Example/map1.png, Example/map2.htm, Example/map2.png, etc.
The files created by the export command depends on the export format chosen. The exported file names are based on the name used in the Export window (the default file name is 'Export').
- HTML creates the same HTML and PNG files as the save command using the name specified in the Export window. The default file name Export creates files called Export.htm, Export.png, etc.
- Image creates a file called Export.png
- Excel CSV creates a file called Export.csv
- Excel Link Report creates a file called Export.csv
- Excel Meta Data creates a file called Export.csv
- Excel Site Report creates a file called Export.csv
- Excel Site Tree creates a file called Export.csv
- Google Sitemap creates a file called Export.xml
See also: TN-Q08 Which files are created by Save and Export in SortSite
Applies To: PowerMapper 5.00 or later
Last Reviewed: Feb 14, 2015