embed cannot have ancestor with
embed element must not appear as a descendant of an element with
An interactive control nested inside another interactive control is not voiced correctly by screen readers, and its name role and state is ignored.
- WCAG 2.0 (Success Criteria: 4.1.2 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 (Success Criteria: 4.1.2 level A)
- WCAG 2.2 (Success Criteria: 4.1.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) (Success Criteria: 4.1.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 6.50 Oct 2023 Mapping changed from WCAG 4.1.1 to 4.1.2.
- 5.30 Jul 2018 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: W3cHtml5AssertNested-role-button-embed