role=columnheader must be owned by
An element with
role=columnheader must be contained in, or owned by, an element with
Roles that are part of composite structures like tables or tabs must be owned by the correct parent role. For example,
role=cell elements must be owned by a
- ACT-Rules ff89c9
- WCAG 2.0 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.2 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 6.47 Dec 2022 Updated for ARIA 1.2.
- 5.39 Nov 2020 Aligned with ACT Rules.
- 5.37 May 2020 Improved detection.
- 5.2 May 2013 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: W3cHtml5AriaRequiredParentRoles-columnheader