Usability Guideline Usability.gov 4:3
Don’t use fonts only available on Macs, but not Windows, and vice versa.
The following fonts are available on both Windows and Macs: Arial, Arial Black, Comic Sans, Courier, Courier New, Franklin Gothic, Georgia, Impact, Lucida Console, Lucida Sans, Symbol, Tahoma, Times New Roman, Trebuchet, Verdana (plus the generic serif, sans-serif, monospace, cursive and fantasy CSS fonts).
- 5.28 Dec 2017 Disabled due to severe performance problem on large CSS files, and triggers false positives on Google font @imports.
- 5.7 Dec 2014 Fixed false positive.
- 5.4 Feb 2014 Don’t fire for downloadable fonts.
- 5.2 May 2013 Updated priority to match April 2013 version of guidelines.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Don’t fire for font:inherit.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Updated list of fonts.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: UseGov4.3a