Error Guidelines: Server Configuration
This set of guidelines detect server configuration errors.
- This IMG links to a file with the wrong MIME type for an image.
- The page specifies a META Content-Type charset which does not match the charset in the HTTP headers. This means the page won’t display correctly in some browsers.
- This RSS feed uses the wrong MIME type so will not display correctly in some RSS clients.
- This document uses the ‘text/xhtml’ MIME type. This MIME type should not be used since it appeared in the XHTML working draft, but was replaced by ‘application/xml+xhtml’ in the final version.
- This site returns «soft 404» errors for missing pages, which means a success status code is returned for non-existent pages. This means some broken links cannot be detected on this site.
- The server returned the wrong MIME type for this type of file.