Browser Compatibility Check BugHtmlVideoCodec
video element uses a
source with poor cross-browser support. Only the MP4 video format is well supported across desktop and mobile browsers.
Current video format support is:
- MP4 is supported by all major desktop and mobile browsers
- WebM is not supported by IE and Safari on macOS and iOS
- Ogg/Theora is not supported by IE and Safari on macOS and iOS
- 5.23 Oct 2016 WebM now implemented in Edge 14.
- 5.10 Oct 2015 Now fires for Edge.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: BugHtmlVideoCodec