Browser Compatibility Check BugHtmlAudioCodec
The AUDIO element uses a format with poor cross-browser support. Only the MP3 and MP4 audio formats are well supported across desktop and mobile browsers.
Current audio format support is:
- MP3 is supported by all major desktop and mobile browsers
- MP4 is supported by all major desktop and mobile browsers
- WebM is not supported by IE, Edge and Safari on OSX and iOS
- Ogg is not supported by IE, Edge and Safari on OSX and iOS
- WAV is not supported by IE and Safari on OSX and iOS
- 5.24 Dec 2016 Fixed false positive on alternate MP3 MIME type.
- 5.10 Oct 2015 Now fires for Edge.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: BugHtmlAudioCodec