Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F87 and Section 508 1194.22 (d)
Content inserted with CSS is not read by some screen readers, and not available to people who turn off style sheets.
Move the content from CSS to the HTML page so that all users can see it.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (d)
- WCAG 2.0 F87 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F87 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.22 Jul 2016 Fixed false positive on print media.
- 5.2 May 2013 Don’t fire for content:none.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (d).
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F87-1