Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F80
Text-based form controls with absolute font sizes do not resize correctly.
Absolute units are CM, MM, IN, PC and PT. When used with fonts PX is also considered an absolute unit, because it isn’t relative the user’s preferred font size. Low-vision users, and a lot of people over 50, increase the browser default font size to make text easier to read, but the text on this form may not resize correctly.
- WCAG 2.0 F80 (Success Criteria: 1.4.4 level AA)
- 5.23 Oct 2016 Fixed false positive on fallbacks.
- 5.22 Jul 2016 Fixed false positive on print media.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Warn when PX are used with font sizes.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Corrected priority.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F80-1