Accessibility Checkpoint Underline removed from links
Removing the underline from links makes it hard for color-blind users to see them.
text-decoration:none property from your link styles, or add other style attributes in addition to color changes to make links visible without color vision.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (c)
- WCAG 2.0 F73 (Success Criteria: 1.4.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 F73 (Success Criteria: 1.4.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F73 (Success Criteria: 1.4.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.33 Apr 2019 Fixed false negative.
- 5.32 Feb 2019 Fixed false positive on unused CSS rules.
- 5.28 Dec 2017 Fixed false negative.
- 5.23 Oct 2016 Fixed false positive in active state.
- 5.22 Jul 2016 Fixed false negative in CSS print styles.
- 5.1 Jan 2013 Fixed false negative in CSS rules containing properties that don't affect visual styling.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Now triggers 1194.22 (c).
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F73-1