fieldset with no form elements
fieldset element has been used to give a border to text.
Do not use structural elements for visual formatting since blind users depend on these elements to navigate documents.
- WCAG 2.0 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.2 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 5.37 May 2020 Improved detection.
- 5.36 Jan 2020 Fixed false positive.
- 5.32 Feb 2019 Fixed false positive.
- 5.5 May 2014 Updated to April 2014 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (n).
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F43-4