Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F42 and Section 508 1194.22 (l)
Use an A or AREA element with the link target in the HREF or a target like HREF=‘#’. An A or AREA element without an HREF cannot receive keyboard focus.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (l)
- WCAG 2.0 F42 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A, 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level AAA)
- Section 508 (2017) F42 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A, 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level AAA)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 4.6 Feb 2012 Detect A and AREA elements with no HREF because they’re not focusable.
- 4.6 Feb 2012 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (l).
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F42-1