Form submits on focus change Accessibility Checkpoint
This form automatically submits when focus changes making it nearly impossible for disabled users to navigate via the keyboard.
Use a submit button instead, or rely on the default behavior of submitting when the user hits enter in a text field.
- WCAG 2.0 F36 (Success Criteria: 3.2.2 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 F36 (Success Criteria: 3.2.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F36 (Success Criteria: 3.2.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 5.33 Apr 2019 Fix false positive on input type=file.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Fix false negative: now fires on TEXTAREA elements that auto submit.
- 4.5 Nov 2011 Fix false negative: now fires on SELECT elements that auto submit.
- 4.5 Nov 2011 Now triggers WCAG 1 9.3.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F36-1