Generic radio button labels need a
Radio buttons with very generic labels need to be enclosed in a
fieldset with a
legend explaining the label.
Legend text is announced along with the label text for radio buttons inside a fieldset, which makes it easier for a screen reader user to understand what the radio button does. For example:
<legend> Fries with your burger: </legend> <label> Yes </label> <label> No </label>
- WCAG 2.0 (Success Criteria: 2.4.6 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 (Success Criteria: 2.4.6 level A)
- WCAG 2.2 (Success Criteria: 2.4.6 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) (Success Criteria: 2.4.6 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 5.37 May 2020 Improved detection.
- 5.4 Feb 2014 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-2.4.6-2