Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F41 and Section 508 1194.22 (p)
Do not use the META tag to automatically refresh a page as this can be disorientating for users.
If the time interval is too short, people who are blind will not have enough time to make their screen readers read the page before the page refreshes unexpectedly and causes the screen reader to begin reading at the top.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (p)
- WCAG 1.0 7.4
- WCAG 2.0 F41 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA, 3.2.5 level AAA)
- Section 508 (2017) F41 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA, 3.2.5 level AAA)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (p).
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-7.4.1