Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F47 and Section 508 1194.22 (j)
The BLINK element can trigger epileptic seizures and cause problems for people with attention deficit disorders.
Replace the BLINK element with a static element like a SPAN.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (j)
- WCAG 1.0 7.2
- WCAG 2.0 F47 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F47 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false negative.
- 5.2 May 2013 Reports which browsers are affected by this issue.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 2.0 Dec 2007 Now triggers Section 508 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-7.2.1