Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F46
If a table is used for layout, do not use any structural markup (TH, HEADERS and SCOPE) for the purpose of visual formatting.
Change TH to TD elements and remove HEADERS and SCOPE if this is a layout table.
- WCAG 1.0 5.4
- WCAG 2.0 F46 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F46 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.20 Jan 2016 Nested layout tables now detected by separate rule.
- 4.4 Aug 2011 Modified layout table detection algorithm again.
- 4.2 Dec 2010 Modified layout table detection algorithm.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Corrected priority.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Improved layout table detection algorithm again.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Improved layout table detection algorithm.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-5.4.1