Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 3.1.2
Phrases in a different language should be in a SPAN or DIV with a LANG attribute.
Non-English phrases in English text will be mispronounced by a screen reader unless they are identified with a LANG attribute.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Improved language detection.
- 4.0 Jun 2010 Use Content-Language header and meta tag if document has no lang attribute.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Don’t fire on French/Spanish/Dutch/German proper names commonly seen in English text (e.g. Las Vegas).
- 3.3 Jun 2009 Improved language detection.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-4.1.1