Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 G130
Headings should not be empty.
Add text to the heading, or ALT text if the heading contains an image. Screen readers read out page headings, allowing users to quickly skip to a section, but some older screen readers do not ignore empty headings.
- WCAG 1.0 3.5
- WCAG 2.0 G130 (Success Criteria: 2.4.6 level AA)
- Section 508 (2017) G130 (Success Criteria: 2.4.6 level AA)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
Impact on Users
- SaToGo 18.104.22.168 / IE11 Reads following paragraph as heading.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Handle non-standard image tag.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Warn about headings only containing .
- 4.6 Feb 2012 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-3.5.3