Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 H71
All FIELDSET elements should be labeled with LEGEND elements.
The first element inside the FIELDSET must be a LEGEND element, which provides a label or description for the group.
- WCAG 1.0 12.3
- WCAG 2.0 H71 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A, 3.3.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) H71 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A, 3.3.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false negative.
- 5.0 Oct 2012 Now maps to WCAG2 H71 and requires that LEGEND is first element.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Corrected priority.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-12.3.4