Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F65 and Section 508 1194.22 (a)
button elements containing only an
img must have an
alt attribute on the
Add an ALT attribute describing the button action, which screen readers read aloud.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (a)
- WCAG 1.0 1.1
- WCAG 2.0 F65 (Success Criteria: 1.1.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F65 (Success Criteria: 1.1.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Detect non-standard image tag.
- 5.7 Dec 2014 Updated to reflect compatibility with common screen readers.
- 5.5 May 2014 Updated to April 2014 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-1.1.17