onmousedown handler without keyboard equivalent
onmousedown handlers should have an equivalent
Some users are unable to use a mouse, so use the keyboard instead. Add an equivalent keyboard event handler to help these users.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (l)
- WCAG 1.0 9.3
- WCAG 2.0 F54 (Success Criteria: 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level AAA)
- WCAG 2.1 F54 (Success Criteria: 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level AAA)
- Section 508 (2017) F54 (Success Criteria: 2.1.1 level A, 2.1.3 level AAA)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.38 Jul 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-9.3.4 to AccScriptMousedownNoKeyboard.
- 5.20 Jan 2016 Fixed false positive.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false negative.
- 4.5 Nov 2011 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (l).
- 4.1 Aug 2010 Don't fire if ONMOUSEDOWN handler is present but blank.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Corrected priority.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 F54.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Don't trigger in script blocks that assign an ONKEY handler as well as an ONMOUSE handler.
- 2.0 Dec 2007 Now triggers Section 508 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccScriptMousedownNoKeyboard