Accessibility Checkpoint No document title
Document must have a title.
For HTML pages add a
title element. For Office documents and PDF documents produced from Office, fill in the Title in Document Properties before saving as PDF.
- ACT-Rules 2779a5
- Matterhorn 1.02 06-003
- WCAG 1.0 13.2
- WCAG 2.0 2.4.2
- WCAG 2.1 2.4.2
- Section 508 (2017) 2.4.2
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.36 Jan 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-13.2.1 to AccPageNoTitle.
- 5.22 Jul 2016 Fixed false negative.
- 4.0 Jun 2010 Look in RDF metadata for PDF title as well as legacy DocInfo section.
- 4.0 Jun 2010 Check for titles in PDFs and Office documents.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Don’t warn about missing title if document corrupt.
- 3.3 Jun 2009 Now triggers WCAG 2 2.4.2.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccPageNoTitle