Document title is blank Accessibility Checkpoint
title must not be blank.
For HTML pages change the
title element. For Office documents and PDF documents produced from Office, fill in the Title in Document Properties before saving as PDF.
- ACT Rules 2779a5
- Matterhorn 1.02 06-004
- WCAG 2.0 F25 (Success Criteria: 2.4.2 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 F25 (Success Criteria: 2.4.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F25 (Success Criteria: 2.4.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 5.36 Jan 2020 Only check first title element in DOM order. Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-13.2.2 to AccPageBlankTitle.
- 5.22 Jul 2016 Fixed false negative.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false negative.
- 4.4 Aug 2011 Don’t complain about missing title if page could not be retrieved due to network or server error.
- 4.0 Jun 2010 Look in RDF metadata for PDF title as well as legacy
- 4.0 Jun 2010 Check for titles in PDFs.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 F25.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in PDF and HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccPageBlankTitle