Animated image longer than 5 seconds Accessibility Checkpoint
Avoid animated images over 5 seconds long that can’t be paused or stopped.
Replace the image with a static version, or an animated version that runs for less than 5 seconds and doesn’t loop.
- WCAG 2.0 F7 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 F7 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F7 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 5.37 May 2020 Improved detection. Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-7.3.1 to AccImgLongAnimation.
- 5.26 Jul 2017 Fixed false positive.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Handle non-standard image tag.
- 4.3 Apr 2011 Don’t fire for progress bar images.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now only fires on animated GIFs that play for more than 5 seconds and triggers WCAG2 F7.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccImgLongAnimation