Timed HTTP page redirect Accessibility Checkpoint
Do not use the Refresh HTTP header to redirect pages after a pause because this confuses users.
Some people, including screen reader users, won’t have time to read the page before it redirects unexpectedly.
- WCAG 2.0 F58 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA)
- WCAG 2.1 F58 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA)
- Section 508 (2017) F58 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 5.36 Jan 2020 Aligned with
metaelement redirect rule. Changed rule ID from AccWcag2-F58-1 to AccHttpRedirect.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (p).
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHttpRedirect