lang is invalid
lang attribute contains an invalid language.
A BCP 47
lang attribute consists of hyphen-separated subtags. The first subtag identifies a natural language by its ISO 639 language code (e.g.
en for English) and may be followed by additional subtags. The most common additional subtag is a two-letter ISO 3166 country code (e.g.
US for the United States to form
en-US). IANA maintains a registry of allowed subtags. A empty
lang attribute is allowed (and means unknown language) but a
lang containing only spaces is not allowed and causes a random language to be selected in a screen reader.
- ACT Rules bf051a
- WCAG 2.0 (Success Criteria: 3.1.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 (Success Criteria: 3.1.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.2 (Success Criteria: 3.1.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) (Success Criteria: 3.1.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level A and level AA checkpoints.
- 6.40 Jan 2021 Added - split from HTML W3cHtml5Error-RnvErAval-lang.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlPageLangInvalid