Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 1.4.4
Use relative units in CSS property values when zoom is disabled by meta viewport.
Either allow the user to zoom content using pinch-zoom by removing
user-scalable=no from the meta viewport tag (easiest), or allow the user to increase text size by using relative units like
em and not absolute units like
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.31 Nov 2018 Now only triggers when zoom disabled. Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-3.4.1 to AccHtmlNoTextResize.
- 5.23 Oct 2016 Fixed false positive on fallbacks.
- 5.22 Jul 2016 Fixed false positive on print media.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false positive.
- 5.2 May 2013 Corrected WCAG 2 priority level (was A instead of AA).
- 4.5 Nov 2011 Don’t complain about using absolute units when zero used (because 0px = 0pt = 0em = 0%).
- 4.3 Apr 2011 Pick up CSS absolute units used in font: shorthand as well as font-size:.
- 4.3 Apr 2011 Now triggers WCAG 2 1.4.4.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Modified rule to match intention of original author of guideline: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004JanMar/0187.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlNoTextResize