Accessibility Checkpoint Timed meta tag page reload
Do not use the
meta refresh tag to automatically refresh pages because this confuses users.
Some people, including screen reader users, won’t have time to read the page before it refreshes unexpectedly. Warning: Never set the refresh delay to zero when the
meta refresh has no redirect - this causes the page to continually reload with a flashing effect.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (p)
- WCAG 1.0 7.4
- WCAG 2.0 F41 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA, 3.2.5 level AAA)
- WCAG 2.1 F41 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA, 3.2.5 level AAA)
- Section 508 (2017) F41 (Success Criteria: 2.2.1 level A, 2.2.4 level AAA, 3.2.5 level AAA)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.36 Jan 2020 Aligned with ACT Rules. Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-7.4.1 to AccHtmlMetaRefresh.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (p).
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlMetaRefresh