Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F84
Link uses general text like «Click Here» which doesn’t explain link purpose.
Screen reader users often tab from one link to the next. Tabbing between links labelled «click here» sounds like «Click here, tab, click here, tab, click here». Change the link text, or add an aria-label, so the link makes sense when read without the surrounding text.
- 5.27 Oct 2017 Fixed false positive on placeholder links. Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-13.1.2 to AccHtmlLinkTextAmbiguous.
- 5.24 Dec 2016 Updated to October 2016 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 5.5 May 2014 Updated to April 2014 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 5.2 May 2013 Reports which browsers are affected by this issue.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Check for even more generic phrases in addition to Click Here and Read More.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Check for more generic phrases in addition to Click Here and Read More.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlLinkTextAmbiguous