Displaying new windows without warning is very confusing to non-sighted users because some screen readers do not give any indication when new windows appear. If you cannot avoid displaying a new window, insert a warning like the following: "This link will open in a new window".
- WCAG 1.0 10.1
- WCAG 2.0 F22 (Success Criteria: 3.2.5 level AAA)
- WCAG 2.1 F22 (Success Criteria: 3.2.5 level AAA)
- 5.38 Jul 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-10.1.3 to AccHtmlLinkScriptNewWindow.
- 5.7 Dec 2014 Reduced memory usage on large pages.
- 5.4 Feb 2014 Fixed false positive.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Added.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlLinkScriptNewWindow