Displaying new windows without warning can be very confusing to non-sighted and mobile users. Some screen readers and mobile devices give very little indication a new tab or window has opened. If you cannot avoid displaying a new window, insert an “opens in a new window” warning into the link text or add the warning to the link using a
title attribute or
- 6.49 May 2023 Improved detection.
- 6.47 Dec 2022 Improved event handler detection.
- 5.38 Jul 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-10.1.3 to AccHtmlLinkScriptNewWindow.
- 5.7 Dec 2014 Reduced memory usage on large pages.
- 5.4 Feb 2014 Fixed false positive.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Added.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
This page describes a web site issue detected in HTML documents by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlLinkScriptNewWindow