Accessibility Checkpoint Equations should use MathML
Equations rendered as images should be marked up with MathML. When an appropriate markup language exists, use markup rather than images to convey information.
This image appears to contain an equation, so should be marked up using MathML.
- WCAG 1.0 3.1
- WCAG 2.0 1.4.5 (Success Criteria: 1.4.5 level AA, 1.4.9 level AA)
- WCAG 2.1 1.4.5 (Success Criteria: 1.4.5 level AA, 1.4.9 level AA)
- Section 508 (2017) 1.4.5 (Success Criteria: 1.4.5 level AA, 1.4.9 level AA)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.38 Jul 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-3.1.1 to AccHtmlImgEquation.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Detect non-standard image tag.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlImgEquation