title must describe function
frame title must describe function rather than visual relationship to make sense in a screen reader.
Change the title to a description of the frame function. For example, use titles like 'Navigation' and 'Content' rather than 'Left' and 'Right'.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (i)
- WCAG 1.0 12.1
- WCAG 2.0 F14 (Success Criteria: 1.3.3 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 F14 (Success Criteria: 1.3.3 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F14 (Success Criteria: 1.3.3 level A)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.38 Jul 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-12.1.3 to AccHtmlFrameTitleNotDescriptive.
- 4.4 Aug 2011 Now triggers WCAG 2 F14.
- 2.0 Dec 2007 Now triggers Section 508 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlFrameTitleNotDescriptive