Accessibility Checkpoint Flashing blink element
blink element can trigger epileptic seizures and cause problems for people with attention deficit disorders.
blink element with a static element like
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (j)
- WCAG 1.0 7.2
- WCAG 2.0 F47 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 F47 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F47 (Success Criteria: 2.2.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.36 Jan 2020 Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-7.2.1 to AccHtmlBlink.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false negative.
- 5.2 May 2013 Reports which browsers are affected by this issue.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 2.0 Dec 2007 Now triggers Section 508 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccHtmlBlink