button image must have
button elements containing only an
img must have an
alt attribute on the
alt attribute describing the button action, which screen readers read aloud.
- Section 508 (2000) 1194.22 (a)
- WCAG 1.0 1.1
- WCAG 2.0 F65 (Success Criteria: 1.1.1 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 F65 (Success Criteria: 1.1.1 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) F65 (Success Criteria: 1.1.1 level A)
Note: Section 508 (2000) checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1.0 level A checkpoints. Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 5.39 Nov 2020 Fixed false positive.
- 5.38 Jul 2020 Improved detection. Changed rule ID from AccWcag1-1.1.17 to AccButtonImgNoAccName.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Detect non-standard image tag.
- 5.7 Dec 2014 Updated to reflect compatibility with common screen readers.
- 5.5 May 2014 Updated to April 2014 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccButtonImgNoAccName