role hides focusable children
An element with a
role that hides child elements contains focusable child elements.
role element marks child elements as presentational, which hides them from the accessibility tree, but some of these children are focusable, so they can be navigated to, but are not voiced in a screen reader.
- ACT-Rules 307n5z
- ARIA 1.1 Presentational Children
- WCAG 2.0 1.3.1 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A, 4.1.2 level A)
- WCAG 2.1 1.3.1 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A, 4.1.2 level A)
- Section 508 (2017) 1.3.1 (Success Criteria: 1.3.1 level A, 4.1.2 level A)
Note: Section 508 Refresh (2017) checkpoints are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 level AA checkpoints.
- 6.41 Jul 2021 Improved detection.
- 6.40 Jan 2021 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccAriaPresentationalChildrenFocusable