Mapping sites PowerMapper Desktop Manual
To map a site:
- Navigate to your site using the address bar
- Click Build Map in the side bar - PowerMapper crawls your site and draws a map
- Choose Map Style from the side bar to change the appearance of the map
- Save the map using the Save Map side bar button
It's best to start off with a small site before scanning large sites.
PowerMapper scans sites by following links on each page it scans to find new pages to scan. It's like clicking on every link on a page to find new pages, then clicking on all the links on the found pages.
Choose which pages are scanned
The scope of the scan is controlled by the radio buttons in the side bar:
- Entire site scans all pages on the starting domain. For example if you start scanning from
https://www.example.comall pages on
https://www.example.comare scanned, but not pages on
https://store.example.comor other domains like
- Current folder scans all pages in the current virtual directory. For example if you start scanning from
https://www.example.com/companyall pages starting with
https://www.example.com/companyare scanned, but not
https://www.example.com/or pages in
If you need to scan additional domains as part of the same scan see including other domains in the scan.
Sites with a password
Navigate to the login page, enter the username and password to login, then click Build Map in the side bar. If the logged in site has a Logout link you may need to block it to prevent a log out during scanning. See scanning sites with a password.