Which versions of Windows are supported TN-O02
PowerMapper and SortSite Desktop run on all Windows versions currently supported by Microsoft in the mainstream or extended support phases. We no longer support Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 since Microsoft has dropped support for these versions.
|Windows 2000||No (1)||No (1)|
|Windows XP (SP3)||No (2)||No (2)|
|Windows Vista (SP2)||Yes - until April 2017 (4)||Yes - until April 2017 (4)|
|Windows 7||Yes (5)||Yes (5)|
|Windows Server 2003||No (3)||No (3)|
|Windows Server 2008||Yes (6)||Yes (6)|
|Windows Server 2012||Yes||Yes|
- Microsoft ended support for Windows 2000 on July 13, 2010.
- Microsoft ended support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014.
- Microsoft ended support for Windows Server 2003 in July 2015.
- Microsoft will end support for Windows Vista in April 2017. Installation requires Vista SP2 and KB2949927 to support SHA-2 signed code.
- Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 in January 2020.
- Microsoft will end support for Windows Server 2008 in January 2020.
Note: single-user fixed licenses cannot be used on shared server installations, which require a floating (concurrent) license or a multi-user fixed license.
Applies To: PowerMapper 5.0 and SortSite 5.0
Last Reviewed: Dec 31, 2015