Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F86
All fields in a group of input fields (for example phone numbers) need a label.
Add a LABEL element or TITLE attribute for each field, and if required, use CSS to hide the label from sighted users.
- WCAG 2.0 F86 (Success Criteria: 4.1.2)
- 5.5 May 2014 Updated to April 2014 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false negative.
- 4.1 Aug 2010 When a group of input fields (e.g. phone number parts) don’t all have labels, but first field does have a label, don’t complain about first field.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Don’t fire when members of the group have been labeled with title attributes.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F86-1