Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 F68 and Section 508 1194.22 (n)
This form control has no programmatically determined name.
A programmatically determined name allows screen readers to tell the user what the control does. To add a name do one of the following:
- Use a LABEL element with the FOR attribute set to the ID of the form control
- Wrap a LABEL element around the form control
- Add a TITLE attribute
- Add an ARIA-LABELLEDBY attribute (not supported in all screen readers)
- Add an ARIA-LABEL attribute (not supported in all screen readers)
- 5.8 Mar 2015 Split off detection of blank labels and dangling IDREFs into separate rules.
- 5.5 May 2014 Updated to April 2014 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Fixed false negative.
- 5.2 May 2013 Reports which screen readers are affected by this issue.
- 4.7 Jun 2012 Now triggers Section 508 1194.22 (n).
- 4.6 Feb 2012 Fix false negative: rule doesn’t fire if input has a title attribute instead of label, but now checks title is non-blank.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag2-F68-1