Accessibility Checkpoint WCAG 2 1.1.1 and Section 508 1194.22 (a)
OBJECT elements should contain alternative content.
Place alternative content inside the object element, which is displayed when objects are disabled or unsupported (e.g. when Flash and plugins are displayed on mobile devices). For example: <object>Alternative text content</object>
Note: Section 508 checkpoints (a) through (k) are equivalent to WCAG 1 level A checkpoints.
- 5.9 Jun 2015 Detect non-standard image tags.
- 5.3 Sep 2013 Updated to Sept 2013 version of Techniques for WCAG 2.0.
- 3.5 Dec 2009 Allow IMG with ALT text as alternative content.
- 3.0 Dec 2008 Now triggers WCAG2 issue.
- 2.0 Dec 2007 Now triggers Section 508 issue.
- 1.0 Feb 2007 Added.
This page describes a web site issue detected by SortSite Desktop and OnDemand Suite.
Rule ID: AccWcag1-1.1.11